HP unix 10.2

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri May 11 17:52:25 UTC 2001

At 1:19 PM -0400 5/11/01, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

>  If it really is 10.2 [???], be aware that HP has said that HP-UX 10.20
>  is the oldest version to be Y2K bug-free.  This may not worry you, but
>  then again it may.  I don't know whether they're still giving out free
>  copies of HP-UX 10.20, see their Web site.

	Also note that 10.20 doesn't implement IP aliases correctly (or,
at least it didn't as of the last time I checked), and even then it
was only available with MC/ServiceGuard.

	I believe that 10.30 was the first version of the OS to attempt
to implement IP aliases in the base OS, and that they didn't really
get it right until 11.0.  Of course, they may have since issued
patches that fix some of these problems on the older versions of the
OS.

>  BIND compiles fine on HP-UX 10.20.  ;-)

	At least, for the versions of BIND I've tried, it does just fine
(so long as you've got gcc or HP's ANSI C compiler).

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */