bind 8.2.3-REL and ceching server

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Nov 1 19:55:35 UTC 2001

In article <9rs53e$9pe at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Joachim Grunwald  <gruni at gamma.de> wrote:
>gamma.mine.nu.zone:
>$ORIGIN gamma.mine.nu

I think there should be a "." at the end of the origin domain.  Without it,
it's relative to the current origin, so that's treated as if it were:

$ORIGIN gamma.mine.nu.gamma.mine.nu.

I recommend you simply leave out the $ORIGIN line entirely, since you're
just setting it to the zone that named.conf already specified.

If you checked your log I think you'd have seen an error message saying
that the zone didn't have any SOA or NS records because of this.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA