Hosting multiple domains on one DNS

Palmer, Neal NPalmer at uwic.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 16:50:08 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I have been asked to host a domain, or at least, an IP address which is
outside of our current domain. I have been told that Nominet have been
informed that we have ownership of the new domain and that they know our DNS
servers to refer to.

Our current domain is xxx.uwic.ac.uk. We also have sub-domains
xxx.yyy.uwic.ac.uk, and they work too.

I have been asked to host www.cardiffgroup.co.uk - intended to be a
webserver within our control/site.

I dont see where I can set a record for this in our DNS which will work...

	www.cardiffgroup.co.uk          IN      A       195.194.133.227

This obviously isnt right as it lookup brings back

	Name:    www.cardiffgroup.co.uk.uwic.ac.uk
	Address:  195.194.133.227

How do I tell my domain to deal with something which effectively isnt
supposed to be there?

Thanks

Neal.

Neal Palmer
System Support Officer
ISD
UWIC
Cardiff
Wales,UK
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks 1961-1994