Hidden Master

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Tue Nov 6 22:52:52 UTC 2001

> no , because now the SOA is NOT resolvable, and that CAN"T be good.
> I will review the RFC'S to see if that is the case.
> But I think this means that the DNS server is not authoritative
> for the zone
> and thus , no authoritative answers will occur.

The contents of the SOA record's MNAME field have no bearing
whatsoever on whether that record is "resolvable."  They also
have no bearing on the authority of any name server loading
the zone that contains that SOA record.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes