Valid Characters

Rahul Parasnis rparasnis at clj.co.jp
Wed Nov 7 01:01:10 UTC 2001

Hello ,

Where can I find list of valid/invalid  characters for BIND 8 and upper
versions.

I only know that  underscore is not allowed to be used in bind 8 . Although
it works without warning if I put

options {check-names master ignore;};

Although name resolution works I receive warnings for names like
bry01cs3c2_f0/1, bry01cs3c2_f0/2 to indicate 1st and 2nd interface of the
Machine .

Best Regards,
-Rahul

This e-mail contains confidential information or information belonging to
Credit Lyonnais and is intended solely for the addressees.
The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail,
or any information it contains, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.
Credit Lyonnais shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery
and the mail deletion.