Hidden Master

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Wed Nov 7 05:28:39 UTC 2001

> ok , hold on
> Here is what I am saying
> by putting in an unresolveable SOA MNAME this is what COULD happen...
> The name server loading the zone with an unresolveable SOA MNAME
> will NOT set the AA ( Authoritative Answer)  BIT in its response
> to queries.
> I am not entirely sure about this but if this is the CASE would
> this be bad implematation?

I suppose one could hypothesize the existence of a name server
that would act that way, but no BIND name server or Microsoft
DNS Server does, to my knowledge.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes