Single name server not propagating

Kevin Schaeper kevins at ecx.com
Wed Nov 7 16:38:35 UTC 2001

I have set up a freebsd box with recent version of Bind.

I have setup an ns1.domain.com.... nameserver
and have set up domain.comto use my ns1.domain.com

it does not resolve period and in fact any lookup up either the ns1 and or
the domain name results in bad ip or can't find.

I have set up ns1.. with the registrar so it is listed as a name server.
The domain itself has the nameserver listed for it, but no other name
server.

Is there another step I am missing to make the rest of the world see the
domain/ ns1?

kevin