dynamic dns updates

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Thu Nov 8 16:17:17 UTC 2001

> I think I can use the above mentioned documents to setup BIND to
> allow dynamic
> updates, but is there an easy way to actually send the updates to
> my DNS server?
>   I've seen some Perl script examples I think but before I delve
> into it I
> figured I'd ask if there was a simple way (I'm _not_ an advanced
> Linux user here
> though I am certainly in the intermediate category)

Michael Fuhr's Net::DNS is probably the easiest way, if you're
comfortable with Perl.  See http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/perldns/.
Or you can use nsupdate, part of the BIND distribution.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes