BIND-9.2.0rc9 error: libnsl.so.1: version `SUNW_1.7' not found (required by file ./bind-9.2.0rc9/sbin/named)

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sat Nov 10 01:09:22 UTC 2001

> I have a Solaris 7 box running BIND 9.1.0 but when I try to use my
> fresh build of BIND-9.2.0rc9 (I know, it's still Release Candidate) on
> there, I get:
>
>  # ./bind-9.2.0rc9/sbin/named  -v
> ld.so.1: ./bind-9.2.0rc9/sbin/named: fatal: libnsl.so.1: version
> `SUNW_1.7' not found (required by file ./bind-9.2.0rc9/sbin/named)
> zsh: killed     ./bind-9.2.0rc9/sbin/named -v
>
> In contrast, this new build runs fine on other boxes that are Solaris
> 8.  For clarification, the trouble machine is running 32 bit kernel
> modules but remember it is running 9.1.0 no problem.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks in advance,
> # D

	Did you build named on the Solaris 7 box or did you try to run
	a binary build on the Solaris 8 box.

	If the former check that all the installed packages are still
	complete.

	If the later you are doing something that is just not guarenteed
	to work.  You can build thing on a old release and have them run
	on a new one (99.9% of the time, the cases where this will not
	work are well documented usually).  Building on a new and trying
	to run on a old tends to be a exercise in frustration unless you
	know exactly what you are doing and what has changed between
	releases.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org