syntax

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Nov 14 18:40:11 UTC 2001

In article <9su7io$7k6 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Charles Bodley <bodley at tflogic.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the help, totally missed that. Next question, would * apply to
>all records or all other? Wouldn't I still need to add MX records for
>anything that's defined.

It only applies to names that aren't explicitly defined, so you'll need to
add MX records to the names you define.

You might want to reconsider whether you really need this wildcard MX
record in the first place, though.  Why would someone put a nonexistent
hostname in an email address?  Why not have everyone simply using the
subdomain name in addresses, rather than hostnames?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA