Odd Root Server Issue?

Marc.Thach at radianz.com Marc.Thach at radianz.com
Mon Nov 19 15:23:19 UTC 2001

Cricket,
thanks for the reply, but I'm still missing something.  Are you suggesting
that somebody has listed mail.northroute.net as a nameserver and that it is
returned non-auth because it is glue?
Sorry for being so dumb,
Marc

                    "Cricket Liu"
                    <cricket at menand        To:     <Marc.Thach at radianz.com>
                    mice.com>              cc:     <bind-users at isc.org>
                    Sent by:               Subject:     RE: Odd Root Server Issue?
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    19/11/2001
                    14:50

> I've missed something here, what is GRS? and how does it cause a GTLD
> server to have this A record?

VeriSign GRS is VeriSign Global Registry Services, the organization
that runs the registry for com, net and org.  They don't "cause a
gTLD server to have this A record."  They accept registration from
registrars, and at one point someone registered mail.northroute.net
through a registrar.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes