Getting "default for the 'auth-nxdomain' option is now no" me ssage

Joe Kattner joe.kattner at adelphia.com
Wed Nov 21 16:53:33 UTC 2001

It means that the default behavior of BIND 9 is to not respond with an
authoritative flag for answers that it has cached. BIND 8 did the opposite
(for compatibility reasons).

To remove the message enter the following in you're options statement:

        auth-nxdomain no;

Unless you need the BIND 8 style responses, in which case you'd set it to
yes. You're server will respond with authoritative answers for the domains
you have on it (providing it's set up properly), so there is nothing for you
to fix.

--Joe