dns replies differ in src IP from query's dst IP (Bug?)

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Nov 22 11:12:57 UTC 2001

> Hi Alex,
>
> Is it considered bad configuration?

	Bad (lazy) implementation would be a better description.
	On all modern stacks that I am aware of it is possible to
	get correct behaviour.

> Do you know how common is out there?

	It's rare.  Most cases you see are where people are running
	really old nameserver on really old OS versions.  BIND was
	fixed with the 4.9.3 released (1995/12/31).

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org