BIND with mulitple interfaces

Douglas M. Todd, Jr. dtodd at partners.org
Thu Nov 29 21:10:33 UTC 2001

The bog states in the option area:

http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/config/options.html

The interfaces and ports that the server will answer queries from may be
specified using the listen-on option. listen-on takes an optional port, and
an address_match_list. The server will listen on all interfaces allowed by
the address match list. If a port is not specified, port 53 will be used.

Multiple listen-on statements are allowed. For example,

    listen-on { 5.6.7.8; };
    listen-on port 1234 { !1.2.3.4; 1.2/16; };