Allow Multiple-Cnames in BIND 9

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Nov 30 01:50:00 UTC 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 11:06:06AM -0500, Justin M. Wilson wrote:
> One of the "features" of Bind 9 was that RFC compliance was enforced with
> greater gusto. We had a setup that involved violating the RFC's to do
> Multiple Cnames. We just had to put a config entry in named.conf to make
> it work. In Bind 9, there doesn't seem to be away. Does anyone know of a
> workaround for Bind 9?

No.  They deliberately didn't put one in.

There is a reason for it being that way.

If you would like to send your configuration where you "need" to
violate the rules to this mailing list / newsgroup, perhaps someone
could help you find the "right" way to do it.

;-)

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B