sub-domain problem (pls help) -- a newbie

jerwine jbadiang at ntsp.nec.co.jp
Fri Nov 30 03:41:18 UTC 2001

hi everyone,

i have 2 sub-domains and 1 parent domain name servers.

i have read the book DNS and BIND and follow the
steps in parenting domains. i'm using the bind-8.2.3

i was successful in creating a name server for sub-domains
(  i concluded that i was successful because i was able to
 query through nslookup using name as parameter, so as ip address
as a parameter, and it works well) and also in the parent domain.

i was able to delegate the domains.

i was able to query names and ip-addresses ( sub domain point of view )
located in the parent domain.

my problem is this, ( in the parent domain point of view) i was able to query
( through nslookup) my sub-domains using domain name as parameter, but i can't query
my sub-domains using the ip-addresses as parameters.

what shall i do in order to successfully set up parenting domains.

below show the network,

                                                  (parent domain)  prt.nec.co.jp
                         l                                                                           l
      (sub-domain1) sdn1.prt.nec.co.jp                          (sub-domain2) sdn2.prt.nec.co.jp

please help me solve this problem

i am very eager to learn

                                                                                     arigato gozaimas,
                                                                                           jerwine