Typo in BIND 8.2.5 release notice?

Harold Pritchett harold at uga.edu
Tue Oct 2 15:54:25 UTC 2001

> Subject: BIND 8.2.5 public release
>    Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:08:54 +1000
>    From: Mark_Andrews at isc.org
>      To: bind-announce at isc.org
>
> BIND 8.2.5 is a maintainance release of BIND 8.2, containing
> minimal changes from 8.2.4.
>
> The following versions are being released concurrently:
>
>    BIND 8.3.0-T2A, which is a alpha release of BIND 8.3.0.
>    BIND 9.2.0rc5, which is a release candidate for BIND 9.2.0.
>
> See the seperate release notices for details.  Also available is:
>
>    BIND 9.1.3, which is the latest maintenance release for for BIND 9.1.
>
> The recommended versions to use are BIND 9.2.0rc5 and BIND 9.1.3.  If
> for whatever reason you must run BIND 8, use nothing earlier than
> 8.2.5-REL.  Do not under any circumstances run BIND 4.

I am assuming that the above sentence should read:

     "use nothing earlier than 8.2.4-REL."

I can find nothing in the documentation which says that 8.2.5 fixes
any security bugs not fixed by 8.2.4-REL, and 8.2.4-REL did fix
several security problems from all earlier versions of 8.2.4.

Harold
--
Harold Pritchett
The University of Georgia     Computer Incident Response Team

   Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.