commiting nsupdate

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Oct 3 22:23:18 UTC 2001

Murat Bicer wrote:

> I searched the archives but couldnt find a message in
> regards to committing changes done by nsupdate to the
> files rather than the memory.
>
> i.e.
>
> nsupdate
> > update add my.host.com 23 IN A 123.123.123.123
> >

> you dont see it in the database but it is in the
> memory. Is there a way to send it to the files
> directy?

No. You shouldn't be messing around with the zonefiles which named
writes for Dynamic Update-enabled zones anyway; those zone files are
private to named and it writes them whenever and however it feels like
(yes, I'm anthropomorphizing slightly there, but the point is to
underscore the unpredictability of the whole mechanism).