Domain and subdomain from the same IP

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali mmasroorali at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 17:52:16 UTC 2001

Hello all,
I am trying to serve a domain say, mydept.myco.com and its parent domain
myco.com from the same static IP. While other settings are more or less
clear to me, I can not seem to understand how to set up the reverse zone
lookup.

Say my ip address is p.q.r.s, so reverse lookup entry for
mydept.myco.com, in the named.conf will be,

zone "r.q.p.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "db.p.q.r";
};

and the file db.p.q.r will start with

@               IN      SOA     mydept.myco.com.  root.mydept.myco.com.

Now what entry do I make in named.conf for reverse zone lookup of
myco.com and how do I start this file (perhaps the second answer is not
required when the first one is answered).

Any help will be appreciated,

Dr. Muhammad Masroor Ali