BIND 9 vs. BIND 8.x.x

Will Yardley william+dns at hq.newdream.net
Mon Oct 8 22:17:03 UTC 2001

Bjorn Wilhelmson wrote:
> I've heard that BIND 9.x.x is not fully mature yet vs. BIND 8.x.x.  I
> wonder if that is correct or not?  I can't find that information on
> www.isc.org.

i suppose that's a matter of opinion, but a number of people (myself
included) use bind9 (both 9.1.3REL and 9.2.0rc versions) in fairly large
scale production environments with few problems.

as long as you're willing to update fairly recently i wouldn't
anticipate any problems.

if you are going to run 8.x, make sure to run a very recent version.

GPG Public Key:
http://infinitejazz.net/will/pgp/