DNS header format for Query requests

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Tue Oct 9 16:15:39 UTC 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:58:58AM -0600, Cricket Liu wrote:
> Two of the Z bits are defined as the AD and CD bits in
> RFC 2535.

Thanks Cricket and Marc,

That accounts for the second and third Z bits. The first Z bit remains
unused, from what I can tell (checking with
http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/dns.htm). I think I'm happy
enough now to shout at the vendor. I *think* they're trying to set RD,
but are two bits off.

Thanks all,
james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's