Guide to using dig

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Oct 11 15:32:12 UTC 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 04:17:43PM +0100, Charles Norton wrote:
> No rudeness taken :-)
>
> What is man dig?
>
> Maybe I should be clearer in saying that I am using dig V8.3 on Windows
> 2000. There is a help facility - dig help, but I am after more if is is
> available.
>
> Sorry to sound unclear, this area is not my strength.
>
> Thanks
>
> Charles Norton, HN Networks
> Tel: +44 (0) 1628 622187   Fax: +44 (0) 1628 672813
> Email: charles at hn-networks.co.uk [mailto:charles at hn-networks.co.uk]
> Web: http://www.hn-networks.co.uk

Ah, MS Windows.

Under Unix and Unix-like systems, you can request a manual entry with
the 'man' command.  So, to get the manual entry for 'dig', one would
enter 'man dig'.  All at a command-line interface, of course.  There
are also one or two various GUI interfaces to the same facility.

There SHOULD be a 'dig' manual entry in your source code set, but I
wouldn't have a clue how to ask for it under MS Windows.  I will send
you a formatted copy separately [after stripping out bolding and
underlining that is done with (backspace-overprint)s].

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B