Secondary DNS Problem (?)

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Oct 19 23:58:28 UTC 2001

In article <9qqctn$aqg at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Chris Cameron  <chris at upnix.org> wrote:
>upnix.com has been using an ISPs DNS servers until very recently. I had
>tried to change the dns servers for upnix.com to the two dns servers I
>have listed above. The problem has been (as several Verisign people have
>told) that their "system" won't accept the secondary.

They didn't have any problem entering these servers for upnix.net, but they
can't enter them for upnix.com?  I can't imagine any reason for that.  It
should be the exact same process.

It doesn't look like you've actually installed the upnix.com domain on your
nameservers.  However, NSI doesn't check whether the nameservers actually
host the domain before entering them into the database, so that shouldn't
matter to them.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA