I can't start ndc HELP!!!

Joe Kattner joe.kattner at adelphia.com
Tue Oct 30 19:08:55 UTC 2001

named is not running. Start named, and check that it started 'ps -ef | grep
named' If not, there should be something logged to indicate what the problem
is. Default system logs on Linux are in /var/log/messages. /var/adm/messages
for Solaris.

/var/run/ndc is the command channel that exists when it is running. If
resolution still works without named running, look at you're
/etc/resolv.conf file, and see where it is sending those queries.

--Joe