Another newbie question. Thank you.

Joe Kattner joe.kattner at adelphia.com
Wed Oct 31 16:52:51 UTC 2001

If 9.14.1.30 is the internal server this is on, why do you list it as a
forwarder? Since this internal server can not resolve the queries outside
what it is authoritative for, you do not want to ask it to send those
queries back to itself. Is 9.87.63.25 set to allow recursive queries from
this server? Even if you set your server up right, they must allow queries
and recursion.

If you're using a private internal root zone, then the type in named.conf is
master, not hint.