Problem with @home (I know it is not related to DNS - Sorry)

Klinkefus, David S DSKlinkefus at midamerican.com
Wed Oct 31 21:27:01 UTC 2001

I had a problem with @home also. They forced everyone to go to
DHCP IP addresses. I had a static IP address. Then they also put
everyone's password to 123456. I called the service department and
asked about why I couldn't ping the gateway? They told me that they
were forcing everyone to go to DHCP. I asked how they were notifying
users? They told me that they sent e-mails. I said "DUH?" How can I
get my e-mail since you reset my password and forced me into DHCP access?
The response was, "You were supposed to call". I was quite frustrated as
you could probably imagine. I got credit for 6 days use, which equates to
about a $10 refund for my trouble.