Dynamic DNS

Silvia Garcia Nieto sgarcia at tid.es
Mon Sep 3 07:44:21 UTC 2001

Hi!

I'm looking for an application  (BIND...), that lets me configure
dynamic DNS.
We have several LANs with a different DHCP server. We would like every
DHCP server updates the same DNS server.
There are also different kind of clients (Windows9x, WindowsNT, W2000,
Solaris...) that provides the name to be registered in the DNS server.
What can I use (DNS and DHCP) with a system running Solaris 2.7 or
Solaris 2,8??
What about clients that try to register with a name that is already in
use??

regards,

Silvia

-- Type: text/x-vcard