Dynamic IP & cache DNS

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Sep 11 21:23:18 UTC 2001

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 3:56 PM -0400 9/11/01, Kevin Darcy wrote:
>
> >  Brad, are you okay? I realize people are on edge today (for obvious
> >  reasons),
>
>         I'm fine, thank you.
>
> >            but the daimlerchrysler.com domain really has nothing to
> >  do with our conversation.  Please get over your tantrum.
>
>         If you look at the time that message was posted, you will note
> that I sent that last night.
>
>         I believe that condition of public zones is a clear indicator of
> how suitable those zones and those servers would be suited for the
> kinds of roles you are discussing with regards to "advanced" DNS
> features such as your callback mechanism.  This is not a tantrum, and
> labelling it as such does you no service.

>         Please constrain your comments to the topic in question, which in
> this case happens to include the condition of the public zones you
> administer.

Well, "the topic in question" was a proposal for a protocol extension, until
you tried to abruptly change it. So is your point that a little zone-data
sloppiness (not mine, by the way), mismatched delegations, missing PTR
records, or the like, would somehow make the extension unworkable? Please
explain.