help

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Sep 12 22:23:14 UTC 2001

Bharat Rawat Binwal wrote:

> Hi all,
> I wish the few suggestuion to solvethe folllowing file.
>
> 1)I do have a machine let say "ttm1" which has squid as a proxy server an=
> d is connected to internet thru a isdn connnection.All the machine  on my=
>  LAN have to go thru this machine for internet connection.
> 2)There is another machine say "mmt2" which i wish to act as  nameserver =
> for my intranet.
>
> Now i wish to delegate the things this way:
> 1)I wish to give "mmt1" in resolv.conf of the host ,machine of my LAN for=
>  internet resolution.
>
> 2)I wish this machine "mmt1" just forward any dns query for my intranet t=
> o machine "mmt2"
>
> Can anybody send me his configuration file with this kind of configuratio=

There are a number of ways to do this. On "mmt1", you could define your
internal domain as "type slave", "type stub" or "type forward". In the case
of "type slave" or "type stub", you'll need to specify a "masters" clause
(containing the IP address of "mmt2"), and "forwarders { }" if you have any
subzones that you want to be resolved internally. For "type forwarders", just
specify a "forwarders" clause containing the address of "mmt2".