Master/Slave Zone Transfer errors

Chris Eccles Chris.Eccles at earthport.com
Thu Sep 13 10:27:43 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

I've just built a slave BIND DNS server. Things are working ok, zone
transfers etc. However, wherever I have several zones on my Master server,
that all use the same db file, the zone transfer does not work properly. The
db file is created on the slave server, but only 1 zone entry is added. In
addition, whenever we do an ndc reload, we get the following error for each
example of multiple zones to one db file:

Zone "example.com" (file db.example.com.sec): no NS RRs found at zone top
slave zone "example.com" (IN) rejected due to errors (serial 0123456789)

I hope I've explained this properly and that someone out there knows an
answer.

Many thanks,

Chris Eccles
Network Support Analyst | earthport plc. | www.earthport.com
+44 (0)20 8987 1933 | chris.eccles at earthport.com

The contents of this email are confidential to earthport plc and intended
to be received by the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email
in error, please promptly notify us by reply and delete it, along with
all copies in your possession. The unauthorised use, disclosure or
copying of this email, or its contents, is prohibited.

Any opinion expressed in this email is personal to the sender and in no
way represents the views of earthport plc. This email cannot be relied
upon to create a contract or any obligation on the part of earthport plc.

All e-mail passing through the Company's e-mail systems may be subject to
monitoring. earthport plc accepts no liability for errors or viruses.

earthport plc is a company incorporated in England and Wales
(Reg. No. 342 8888) with its registered office at 107 Power Road, London
W4 5PY. You may call us at any time on +44 (0)20 8987 1900, or email us
at info at earthport.com.