nslookup for W98?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Sep 13 14:29:34 UTC 2001

At 07:29 AM 9/13/01, Brad Knowles wrote:
>At 12:18 AM -0400 9/13/01, Danny Mayer wrote:
>
>>  nslookup is an application. Just because the BIND community wants to dump
>>  it doesn't mean that noone uses it.
>
>         People don't want to use the application, they want the functionality.  They couldn't care less whether it's called "nslookup" or "slartybartfast", although the former would be a bit faster to type.
>
>         I believe that we can provide this same level of functionality (or considerably better), through other programs that will avoid the use of nslookup.

I agree, but the problem is providing it.  Microsoft provides nslookup so that's
what people use.  You may want to use something else but you have to get
it on the Windows platform and realistically only Microsoft will do that. Regular
users rarely will install these types of tools themselves.

         Danny