BIND support for GSS-TSIG - Progress?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Sep 13 19:01:32 UTC 2001

At 04:38 PM 9/12/01, Alexis MacFarlane wrote:

> >         Heck, Microsoft doesn't support it in their own DNS
> > product, so why should BIND provide support for it before they
> > do?  I mean, we have to have something that we can be interoperable
> > with first, right?
>
>We at Lucent have developed an implementation of the gss-tsig
>protocol which interoperates with the Microsoft's gss-tsig aware
>clients and servers, based on the Bind 8 codebase, and plan to
>carry this support thru to a version of our server based on the
>Bind 9 codebase.
>
>While there were several minor interoperability and protocol
>compliance issues to overcome

Given that Randy was one of the authors of the RFC Draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-gss-tsig-02.txt

has he updated the draft to fix the interoperability and protocol compliance
issues that were uncovered during development and is it implementable
from the RFC alone? If Randy has not updated the draft (given that it
expired on September 1, 2001), when will he do so?

         Danny