Newbie: DNS and NAT?

Mattias Nyholm mattias.nyholm at framfab.se
Tue Sep 18 17:57:59 UTC 2001

This must be a very common problem. I'm not a BIND or DNS expert,
but wouldn't it be possible to add a feature to BIND so that you can
feed it an "IP translation list" so that it knows there is some NAT/PAT
going on? Then it would know that it indeed is authorative, although all
communications occur over a totally different IP address.

I think this is a pretty obvious solution, but since it isn't already in
BIND
I guess there must be some good reasons why the idea is flawed.. :)

Regards,

Mattias

news:9o71cr$kcp at pub3.rc.vix.com...