Active Directory's A record and delegation to subdomains

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Tue Sep 18 18:05:42 UTC 2001

> Thanks to Cricket and Tim for their replies. I didn't think this was all
> that unreasonable, but you never know with MS...
>
> If I have missed a part in the book or the list where that information is
> would love to have someone point it out to me, cuz that means I missed
some
> important section somehow...
>
> Now that I know it is possible, I just need a little more clarification...
>
> Any idea where I would find out what would be considered a "legacy LDAP
> client"? Or what term I would search for to find a Knowledgebase or Q
> article on legacy LDAP clients or this registry key? We don't have any
> Win3.11 or NT3.x machines, but we do have Win95, 98, 2000, NT4.0, and
up...

Looks to me like Q246804 describes how to disable the
addition of the A RR under "Netlogon A Registrations."
See:

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q246804

I looked for the reference in the book but didn't find it
(though there's a reference to that KB article in another
context).  I'll file that away for the next update.  Maybe I
included it in the Linux Magazine article?  I'd check, but
I can't get there right now.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services