also-notify

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Sep 19 17:57:25 UTC 2001

In article <9oajic$e7t at pub3.rc.vix.com>, nanard <nanard at champax.com> wrote:
>If i add a section on my master ns:
>

>notify yes ;
>
>also-notify { IP_of_NS1 ; IP_of_NS2; etc };
>
>That means when i will modify any map of this master, each ns in
>"also-notify" section (IP_of_NS1 ; IP_of_NS2; etc ) will be notified ??

If you put it in the "options" section it will be done for all zones that
don't have their own "also-notify" statement.  If you put it in a "zone"
section, it applies to just that zone.

>In fact, i 'd like when i change value in any map on a master, that the
>slave be notified immediatly.

Then put it in the options section.

Note that you only need "also-notify" for nameservers that aren't listed in
NS records.  The nameservers listed there are notified automatically.
That's why the keyword has "also" in its name.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA