*.domain.ext not working...

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Sep 19 21:34:39 UTC 2001

In article <9oarso$fjb at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Remon Boonstra <remon at vdwerff.nl> wrote:
>I'm getting a lot of errors in my log concerning *.domain.ext A
records...

>Is it possible to:
>- don't show them in the log...
>- have an alternate solution for the *.domain.ext A records?
>
>I've searched everywhere for *.domain.ext naming errors etc. but
couldn't
>find everything?!?
>Is it officially not possible/supported or ...?

What are "*.domain.ext A records"?  There is no "ext" top-level domain.
If
you're using a shorthand for something, it doesn't seem like this is a
common term, so maybe you should explain.  Post a few real log messages.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA
*** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to
newsgroups.
Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to the
group.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat