help required

Bharat Rawat Binwal bharatrawat_bit at rediffmail.com
Thu Sep 20 05:33:34 UTC 2001

Hello all,

There is some security problem with my network.So i do have a solution fo=
r it .Just want to confirm is my solution is possible.
The situation goes like this.

I'm running squid as proxy and have bind8.2.4 as my nameserver
s/w.

1)As my security policy ,in my firewall i allow the UDP queries to go to =
some specified nameserver only(Lets say my ISP nameserver).This works fin=
e if the ISP nameserver do have the IP for query.The problem creep up whe=
n ISP nameserver returns some referrals to me and my bind(nameserver) try=
 to connect that nameserver as not allowed in firewall.
So can i pose my nameserver as a client to ISP nameserver and somehow can=
 ensure the ISP nameserver work recursively for my nameserver??

Any help on above metioned ques orAny other solution suiting to presented=
 scenraio will be appreciated.

Bharat

 =