dns behind router

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 21 23:57:49 UTC 2001

Do you mean that registro.br is giving a "timeout" error when it tries to
verify the operation of your nameserver? That would imply that this is a
networking/firewall/NAT problem rather than a BIND/DNS problem. You should try
to query your nameserver from other external sites to see if that works. You
should turn on query logging on your nameserver to see if the queries are even
getting to it. Depending on what kind of firewall you have, you may be able to
look at the logs and see if packets are getting dropped, whether they are being
NAT'ted properly, etc.

I assume, of course, that you are giving the *public* addresses to registro.br,
right? Obviously you wouldn't be able to register a public nameserver with a
192.168.*.* address...

- Kevin