Non_coperative nameserver

Bharat Rawat Binwal bharatrawat_bit at rediffmail.com
Mon Sep 24 07:05:16 UTC 2001

Dear Barry,

Thanks for ur info on setting MAXIMUM TTL at complie time but i wish to
r=
eframe  my query as =

Can we set any MINIMUM TTL value in BIND,so that even if any RR with TTL
=
less than this value return as an answer i can store it to my value

If BIND dont rpovide this kind of facility or configuration can u
suggest=
 any other nameserver with this kind of offer

Follow up is waited anxiously

Bharat

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 Barry Margolin wrote :
>In article <9ocmva$pvu at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
>Bharat Rawat Binwal <bharatrawat_bit at rediffmail.com> =

>wrote:
>>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I want to have  a non-coperative nameserver setting =

>for experimental purp=3D
>>oses.As per my knowledge non-coperative nameserver are =

>those nameserver w=3D
>>hich keep the dns query result in their cache =

>according to a value set by=3D
>> them rather than obeying the TTL values for that RR.
>>So can anybosy help me in setting  a non-coperative =

>nameserver.
>
>BIND doesn't have any built-in mechanism to ignore the =

>TTL.  I think
>there's a compile-time option to configure a maximum =

>TTL, so any TTL above
>this will be capped at that amount.  But no way to =

>configure a single TTL
>for everything.
>
>BIND is open source, and it should be pretty easy to =

>find the line of code
>where it copies the TTL from a response into the cached =

>record, and replace
>it with a setting of your choosing.
>
>-- =

>Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
>Genuity, Woburn, MA
>*** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post =

>them to newsgroups.
>Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it =

>wasn't posted to the group.

 =

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat