Win2k forgets Nameserver?

Sasso, John IT JSasso at mvphealthcare.com
Mon Sep 24 13:56:10 UTC 2001

I've seen this on a few of our Win2K desktops as well.  Unlike your
configuration, we are running BIND 4.9.4 on an NT server (we'll be moving to
the latest rev of BIND on a Solaris 2.8 box).  Nonetheless, the Win2K
desktop will, for no reason, just "lose" its ability to resolve via DNS.
The resolution has been to reboot the Win2K desktop.

I'd also like to know how to resolve this annoying problem.

		--john