Help - dynamic updates suddenly failing...

Michael Hale smiley at verio.net
Tue Sep 25 21:20:16 UTC 2001

At 03:07 PM 9/25/2001 -0600, Cricket Liu wrote:
>Have you put a Sniffer on the wire to see what the actual update looks like?
>Is there any chance that the update has a prerequisite that isn't being met?
>Or that the update is trying to do something illegal, like add a record to
>an
>owner name that already has a CNAME record?

Cricket, thank you for your help, but with some help from Mark
Andrews, I figured it out.  Our configs are autogenerated - somebody
must have edited one of our scripts somewhere because somehow,
for a bunch of our zones, allow-update (correct) got changed to
allow-updates (incorrect).

I'd been looking at this for hours and I guess I was seeing what
was *supposed* to be there, rather than what was actually
there.

--
Michael Hale                                    <smiley at verio.net>
Verio ISS engineer - DNS team           Verio, Inc.