Help - dynamic updates suddenly failing...

Michael Kjorling michael at kjorling.com
Tue Sep 25 22:47:14 UTC 2001

allow-update != allow-transfer

What he would need to do is either fix the script (could be a good
idea anyway) which someone apparently changed, or:

s/allow-updates/allow-update/

Michael Kjörling

On Sep 25 2001 23:13 +0200, Michael Münz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/config/zone.html
>
> allow-update
> Specifies which hosts are allowed to submit Dynamic DNS updates to the
> server. The default is to deny updates from all hosts.
>
> allow-transfer
> Specifies which hosts are allowed to receive zone transfers from the
server.
> allow-transfer may also be specified in the zone statement, in which
case it
> overrides the options allow-transfer statement. If not specified, the
> default is to allow transfers from all hosts.
>

> what should be done:
>
> s/allow-update/allow-transfer/
>
> correct me if i'm wrong ...
> cu
>
> Michael

- --
Michael Kjörling - michael at kjorling.com - PGP: 8A70E33E
Manager Wolf.COM -- Programmer -- Network Administrator
"We must be the change we wish to see" (Mahatma Gandhi)

^..^     Support the wolves in Norway -- go to     ^..^
 \/   http://home.no.net/ulvelist/protest_int.htm   \/

***** Please only send me emails which concern me *****

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat