Notify pb

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Sep 25 23:15:17 UTC 2001

> Hello,
>
> I've a master DNS and 2 slaves ns.
>
> When i did a modification manually on a map of the master, after, i
> "restarted" manually too.
> In log, i can see 2 notify sent to my slaves ns.
> The problem is, i've only the 2nd slave ns which answear and initialize a
> named-xfer.
> The first do nothing.

	Without details of the address of the servers, zone name, relevent
	parts from named.conf etc.  There is no way anyone can help you.

> The second problem,  is (maybe it is not a problem) :
> when i restart my ns, it send to "each" domains a notify request (i've 10
> 000 domaines ).
> How to stop this feature ?

	Well the feature is there for exactly the type of modification
	you performed.  Stoping the server, modifying the zone, restarting.

	There is no way to stop the initial NOTIFY on startup however feel
	free to send a patch.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org