Help in diagnostics

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Wed Sep 26 18:02:47 UTC 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 05:42:57PM +0000, Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <9osvq0$spo at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
> Odhiambo Washington  <wash at wananchi.com> wrote:
> >
> >Could someone with a hawk-eye tell me where the exact point of failure lies?
> >I seem to be missing that and the registrar wouldn't buldge ;-)
>
> I suspect the third bullet below explains the problem.  You submitted two
> nameservers in the registration, but when you query the servers for the NS
> records they return *three* servers.  You need to include ns1.wananchi.com
> in the registration, or take it out of the NS records.

Is this due to the bug documented at
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/bugtraq/20000112082807-15140-qmail@cr-yp-to ?

I thought that it's ok to include extra NS records as long as the
servers listed with the registrar/root servers also exist in your NS
records. Am I missing something here?
--
Nate Campi, UNIX Ops WiReD SF, Terra Lycos DNS, (415) 276-8678
[root at usa]# rm -rf /bin/laden