RE: Unable to see an Australian.com.au domain [FIXED]

COLIN COMOLLATTI c.comollatti at cqu.edu.au
Wed Sep 26 22:41:45 UTC 2001

 G'Day All

The problem has been fixed. I have attached some results from testing.

The problem was that I did not put the IP addresses of my Telecommunication Companies DNS lookup in the /etc/resolv.conf

Thank You for your time

Col

  #### Begin ####
[localhost:~] % nslookup tsw.com.au
Server:  dns01.quoll.net
Address:  203.47.110.202

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    tsw.com.au
Address:  203.58.62.1

[localhost:~] % nslookup mail.capricorniacu.com.au
Server:  dns01.quoll.net
Address:  203.47.110.202

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    mail.capricorniacu.com.au
Address:  203.58.62.33

[localhost:~] % dig mail.capriorniacu.com.au

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> mail.capriorniacu.com.au
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      mail.capriorniacu.com.au, type = A, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
com.au.                 1D IN SOA       munnari.OZ.au. help.ina.com.au. (
                                        2001092703      ; serial
                                        4H              ; refresh
                                        1H              ; retry
                                        5w6d16h         ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

;; Total query time: 421 msec
;; FROM: localhost to SERVER: default -- 203.47.110.202
;; WHEN: Thu Sep 27 08:32:32 2001
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 42  rcvd: 98

[localhost:~] % nslookup dns.tsw.com.au
Server:  dns01.quoll.net