Bind 8.2.4-NT2 and win2000pro

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Sep 27 00:16:29 UTC 2001

At 08:12 AM 9/26/01, B.L wrote:
>Hello,
>
>In first, excuse me for my english but.... :-)
>I'm trying to install Bind 8.2.4-NT2 on my windows 2000 pro.
>Install is OK,and thedifferents files are in the good directory : ie
>G:\winnt\system32\dns\bin et \etc.
>
>My problem is :
>
>I can't start named as service, it's not possible.
>The error message is :
>"Impossible de démarrer le service ISC BIND sur Ordinateur Local"
>Erreur 1067
>
>and if i try directlly, the message is " can't open
>'G:\WINNT\system32\dns\etc\named.conf'

It's unusual to have a G drive.  Is this a local drive?  It needs to be if you want
to run this as a service.  If you really want these files on a network drive you
need to use the UNC format instead of the drive letter which is in any case
specific to you.  The service runs as a different account and all drives are
relative to that account.

         Danny