Help in diagnostics

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Sep 27 11:13:57 UTC 2001

* Barry Margolin <barmar at genuity.net> [20010926 20:48]: writing on the
subject 'Re: Help in diagnostics'
| In article <9osvq0$spo at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
| Odhiambo Washington  <wash at wananchi.com> wrote:
| >The message below is from a domain registrar, declining the request
| >register a domain, southernlogistics.co.ke.
| >The name servers submitted with the template are
| >
| >ns2.wananchi.com
| >ns1.iconnect.co.ke
| >
| >Could someone with a hawk-eye tell me where the exact point of
failure lies?
| >I seem to be missing that and the registrar wouldn't buldge ;-)
|
| I suspect the third bullet below explains the problem.  You submitted
two
| nameservers in the registration, but when you query the servers for
the NS
| records they return *three* servers.  You need to include
ns1.wananchi.com
| in the registration, or take it out of the NS records.

I am wondering if having a 3rd NS would be a problem. The registration
form asks
for a primary and a secondary (and no tertiary NS) but is that a problem
really,
as long as the ones I gave out are in the query.

| >############################## BEGIN MESSG ########
| >
| >from the following diagnostics, it is demonstratable that the servers
you
| >have specified failed in one of the following ways
| >  o one or more of them did not exist as named
| >  o one or more of them is not serving the zone for which you are
applying
| >  o the list of servers you specified in the form did not match the
list
| >    of servers configured into one or more of the actual servers
| >
| >when you have corrected the problem, AND TESTED TO ENSURE THE ERRORS
NO
| >LONGER EXIST, then please submit a new application.
|
| --
| Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
| Genuity, Woburn, MA
| *** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to
newsgroups.
| Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to
the group.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Sometimes it seems like there are too many roads... and you are not sure
that
you will ever find the right one. But that's only because we all make
our own
story... and exploring is how each new adventure is begun.

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat