CAN DNS FOR ANOTHER DOMAIN RUN ON DIFERENT DOMAIN SERVER (fwd)

RAGHVENDRA SHUKLA rshukla at prl.ernet.in
Fri Sep 28 13:32:20 UTC 2001

Hello Brad ,
            Thanks .

            I am running server on ip address 192.168.50.78 ( this ip is
an example ) and it is having its dns ( for its domain ) in the ip
192.168.50.50 . NOW I WANT THAT THE I SHOULD RUN DOMAIN NAME SERVER ON THE
SAME MACHINE ( 192.168.50.78 ) WITH THE DOMAIN NAME "mydomain" as primary
dns for some other set of machines having the ip address 192.168.100.*
, so is it possible .Also tell me what i will have to give in the SOA
is it the name of the machine ( it is router ) . Also i want to make this
dns the non-registered domain eg mydomain will be by my name , but this
machine is the client / resides on the domain which is a registered one.

Regards
Rshukla

Name : Raghvendra Narain Shukla
       ( Engineer - SC )                     Address:Computer Centre,
Email: rshukla at prl.ernet.in ,                        Physical Research Laboratory
       raghvendra55 at yahoo.com                        Ahmedabad 380 015
Phone: +91 79 630-2129  ext. 4036 (0)                INDIA
FAX  : +91 79 630-1502