dynamic update web page?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Sep 28 20:25:21 UTC 2001

Pat Masterson wrote:

> Has anybody crafted a simple web page which will get some RR data from
> the user, and send a dyanmic update to a name server?

No, but I've written a whole subsystem that takes some input via web forms from
the user, performs EXTENSIVE SANITY AND AUTHORIZATION CHECKING (as well as the
appropriate forward/reverse-record synchronization), and then, if all goes well,
sends one or more dynamic updates to one or more nameservers. I think that's the
responsible, secure way to implement what you're suggesting.

Unfortunately, what I've written is DaimlerChrysler intellectual property. I can
only give general outlines of how it works (offline, if you're interested). I
can't publish the code.