ERR

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Apr 1 19:01:41 UTC 2002

In article <a7vg0j$370 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Administrator www.pes.cz - nejlepsi pritel kazdeho webmastera <milan at pes.cz> wrote:
>what means error in slave's log file:
>
>ERR to getting serial number for  'somezone.'.

I think you're misreading it, it is:

Err/TO getting serial number for 'somezone'.

"Err/TO" is short for "Error or Time-Out".  So it means that when the slave
server was querying the master for the SOA record (to see if the serial
number has changed, necessitating a new zone transfer), it got an error or
no response.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA